The Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting 11 new cases of COVID-19 and one death, bringing the cumulative case total to 438, with 330 recovered and nine deaths, leaving 99 active cases. The latest death, a male in his 80s, was being cared for at Munson Medical Center.
There are no places of possible public exposure to report today.
From September 28 through September 29, Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 7 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 7 cases are primary residents.
- 20-29 2
- 30-39 3
- 40-49 1
- 60-69 1
- Symptomatic: 7 Asymptomatic: 0
- 0 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 0 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 4 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 53 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 1 probable case (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).
Please note that regardless of any listed locations, community exposure is happening across Grand Traverse County. Be sure to practice safety measures while out in public, including wearing a mask in public, washing your hands often, maintaining six feet of social distance.