For October 9, 2020, Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting 6 new cases. The total case count is 506, with 364 recovered and 9 deaths, leaving 133 active cases.
There are no community exposures to report today.
From October 7th through October 8th Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 19 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 19 cases are primary residents.
- 0-19 1
- 20-29 4
- 30-39 6
- 40-49 1
- 50-59 4
- 60-69 2
- 70-79 1
- Symptomatic: 19 Asymptomatic: 0
- 3 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 2 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 15 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 84 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 0 probable case (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine)