For August 17, 2020, Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting out 0 new cases. The total case count is 222, with 137 recovered and 5 deaths, leaving 80 active cases.
There are no community exposures to report today.
From August 14th through August 16th Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 12 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 12 cases are primary residents.
- 0-19 3
- 20-29 3
- 30-39 1
- 40-49 2
- 50-59 2
- 60-69 1
- Symptomatic: 8 Asymptomatic: 4
- 3 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 0 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 8 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- • Approximately 46 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 1 probable case (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).