For August 19, 2020, Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting out 3 new cases. The total case count is 226, with 143 recovered and 5 deaths, leaving 78 active cases.
There are no community exposures to report today.
From August 17th through August 18th Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 4 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 4 cases are primary residents.
- 0-19 1
- 20-29 3
- Symptomatic: 4 Asymptomatic: 0
- 0 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 0 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 2 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 15 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 0 probable cases (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).