For Monday, August 24, 2020, the Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting out three new positive COVID-19 cases. This brings the total number of cases in Grand Traverse County to 255, with 167 recovered and five deaths, leaving 83 active cases.
From August 20 through August 23, the Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 21 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 21 cases are primary residents.
- 0-19 4
- 30-39 1
- 40-49 2
- 50-59 2
- 60-69 2
- 70-79 2
- Symptomatic: 18 Asymptomatic: 3
- 4 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 9 is linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 14 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 96 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 2 probable cases (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID-19 case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).
Community exposure sites are those places where the case or the health department are unable to identify directly those that may have been exposed. The Health Department contacts cases as they are identified and often works directly with organizations, businesses, and employers who are able to notify members, clients, employees, etc. of any exposure. There are no community exposures to report for Monday, August 24, 2020.