For Wednesday, August 26, 2020 the Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting 16 new positive cases of COVID-19 in the county. Wednesday’s additions bring the total case count to 278, with 166 recovered and six deaths, leaving 106 active cases. This marks the highest number of positive cases reported in one day since the beginning of the pandemic.
There are no community exposure sites to report today.
From August 24 through August 25 Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 10 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 10 cases are primary residents.
- 0-19 1
- 20-29 2
- 30-39 2
- 40-49 3
- 70-79 2
- Symptomatic: 9 Asymptomatic: 1
- 1 is linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 4 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 7 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 36 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 0 probable cases (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).
Community exposure sites are those places where the case or the health department are unable to identify directly those that may have been exposed. The Grand Traverse County Health Department contacts cases as they are identified and often works directly with organizations, businesses and employers who are able to notify members, clients, employees, etc. of any exposure. Anyone who was identified as a close contact is contacted directly by the Health Department individually and told to quarantine.