For August 5, 2020, Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting out 1 new case, bringing the case count to 176 total cases, with 88 recovered, and 5 deaths, leaving 83 active cases.
There are no community exposures reported yesterday.
From August 3 through August 4, the Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 6 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 6 cases are primary residents.
- 20-29 4
- 40-49 1
- 80-89 1
- Symptomatic: 4 Asymptomatic: 2
- 2 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 0 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- Approximately 40 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
- 2 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
Case Investigations were also completed on 1 probable case (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).