In an effort to provide a breakdown of case information and investigation regarding positive COVID-19 cases in Grand Traverse County, the following information will be compiled and provided for distribution on a weekly
basis on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Information provided will be compiled from the days leading up to the report. (i.e. Monday reports will include information from Friday-Sunday.)
From July 20-21, 2020, the Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 7 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 7 cases are primary residents.
- Age ranges and case counts:
- 0-19 1
- 20-29 3
- 30-39 1
- 60-69 2
- Symptomatic: 5 Asymptomatic: 2
- 1 is linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 2 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- Approximately 26 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
- 5 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
Case Investigations were also completed on 0 probable cases (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).
There are no community exposures to report from July 20-21, 2020.
For Wednesday, July 22, 2020, Grand Traverse County is reporting 5 new confirmed cases, and one new probable case, for a total of 129 confirmed cases (82 active cases) and 16 probable cases. Case investigations are in progress. Information surrounding these additional cases will be provided on Friday, July 24, 2020.