For Wednesday, October 21, 2020, the Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting 19 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the cumulative case total to 613 with 395 recovered and 13 deaths, leaving 205 active cases.
Many case investigations remain ongoing, however, there are no places of potential public exposure to report today. If you have a message from the health department, please return the call promptly.
From October 19 – 20, the Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 33 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 33 cases are primary residents.
- 0-19 3
- 20-29 5
- 30-39 9
- 40-49 3
- 50-59 9
- 60-69 2
- 70-79 1
- 80-89 1
- Symptomatic: 29 Asymptomatic: 4
- 7 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 7 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 22 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 91 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 3 probable cases (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).
Locally, numbers continue to increase in both active cases in the community and percent positivity. These are indicators that transmission is increasing. The Grand Traverse County Health Department stresses that we are still in the midst of a global pandemic with no vaccine or cure. The best steps each person can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are to wear a facemask in public, avoid large gatherings of people, stay 6 feet away from others outside your household, wash your hands often, and do not work or go out in public when you are sick or have symptoms.