For Wednesday, September 23, 2020, the Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting 12 new cases of COVID-19. Wednesday’s additions bring the cumulative case total to 411, with 301 recovered and seven deaths, leaving 103 active cases.
Although case investigations are ongoing, there are no places of potential public exposure to report today.
From September 21 through September 22 Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 4 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 4 cases are primary residents.
- 20-29 2
- 40-49 1
- 50-59 1
- Symptomatic: 2 Asymptomatic: 2
- 2 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 1 is linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 2 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 16 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 1 probable case (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).