For Wednesday, September 9, 2020, the Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting six new cases of COVID-19. Wednesday’s additions bring the cumulative case total to 350, with 204 recovered and seven deaths, leaving 139 active cases.
There are no places of potential public exposure to report today.
From September 4 through September 8 Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 18 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 18 cases are primary residents.
- 20-29 6
- 30-39 3
- 40-49 4
- 50-59 1
- 60-69 1
- 70-79 1
- 80-89 2
- Symptomatic: 16 Asymptomatic: 2
- 4 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 2 is linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 7 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 91 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 12 probable cases (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).