For Monday, August 31, 2020 the Grand Traverse County Health Department is reporting out four new cases of confirmed COVID-19. Monday’s additions bring the total case count to 315 with 172 recovered and six deaths, leaving 137 active cases.
While conducting case investigations, the Grand Traverse County Health Department found no places of potential community exposure to report. However, we were notified by a neighboring health department that a positive COVID-19 case was found to be present at the location listed below, during the specified dates and times.
The Buckle at Grand Traverse Mall:
Friday, August 21 from 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 22 from 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, August 23 from 12 – 5 p.m.
From August 28 through August 30 Grand Traverse County Health Department completed 20 case investigations for confirmed COVID-19 cases. The following is information known at this time:
- All 20 cases are primary residents.
- 0-19 3
- 20-29 7
- 30-39 2
- 40-49 1
- 50-59 5
- 60-69 1
- 70-79 1
- Symptomatic: 16 Asymptomatic: 4
- 4 are linked to travel either into or out of the area as reported during the case investigation
- 7 are linked to large group gatherings or social events
- 14 cases were known close contacts to other positive cases
- Approximately 33 close contacts were identified, notified, and instructed to quarantine.
Case Investigations were also completed on 1 probable case (individuals who were close contacts of a positive COVID case who became symptomatic during their quarantine).
Anyone who was identified as a close contact is contacted directly by the Grand Traverse County Health Department individually and told to quarantine. Investigations are ongoing and many cases are close contacts to existing cases and have been quarantined previously.